Friday, April 10, 2015

Welcome Back

It's been a while. Actually, a year ago at this time I was blogging about metaphors of bilingualism and my travels in Italy... Of course, I have been back in the USA now for almost another academic year, and it has been a full one. I have missed blogging and, although I am no longer in Italy, my passions and scholarly pursuits remain the same: multilingualism, multiculturalism, and travel, on various levels and in various contexts. As a university educator, I am fortunate to be able to integrate these passions into both teaching and research, as well as my life outside of work. This year, I have made connections with great new colleagues and had some awesome new opportunities. A few more are on the horizon. I am eager to share them with you.

Three of my students reading with kids in rural Guatemala, January 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment